Tuesday 25 February 2014

Diatomaceous Earth (DE)

http://www.imbaliridgebacks.co.uk/diatomaceous_earth.html

This is a link to a page on the Imbali Rhodesian Ridgebacks website on which you will find a page dedicated to Diatomaceous Earth which is an eco-friendly, naturally organic material which can be used as an alternative to chemical wormers.
I started to feed this to my dogs about a month ago but not actually for it's use as a wormer but because it has many other health benefits including aiding mobility. So for this reason I wanted to try it to maintain healthy mobility in my older dogs.
Already I can see an improvement in Ollie who is suffering with the joints in his back legs but I was also pleasantly surprised on checking his ears to see that the ear in which he has had an on-going infection was dry and relatively clean of debris.
I will certainly be continuing with this product and monitoring it's affects amongst my dogs.

No comments: