Sunday 10 July 2011

GWPC Championship Dog Show 2011

Today I attended the German Wirehaired Pointer Club Champ show at the Tomlinsons Canine Centre In Leicestershire. It's a cracking venue for such an event and the weather was glorious too, just to add to the enjoyment of the day. Unfortunately, I missed the 'closing date' so I was unable to enter any dogs myself but went along anyway, since I have recently rejoined the German Wirehaired Pointer Club as Membership Secretary and needed to collect the necessary paperwork from the resigning secretary.
I travelled with friend and fellow enthusiast Tracy Cartwright (Mikicin) and after Tracy hurt her leg, handled her two dogs - Candy (NL Ch Tum Tum Tracy V D Josephine Hoeve (IMP NL) and Oscar (Mikicin Mischief Maker)to win not only their classes in the 'Specials' but their 'Breed' classes too.
Despite all the turbulence of recent weeks, it was lovely to be at a show again and meeting up with old friends.

No comments: